Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello Everyone!! Think I might share a few of my favorite pics from last year today. As I look at them and the pics I've taken now I do get proud at how far I've come. Alot of hard work, love and support works wonders :)















And these are just a few! I love my clients and hope they know how much I appreciate them! :)
Now alot of people ask me how I got started well I'm an honest person and I"m not gonna feed you line of #$%&@  hehe Long story short I've always loved taking pictures and did alot of free work for friends and family just for fun. When I was pregnant with my second child I had some maternity professional pictures taken and then some family ones after wards. Well I paid my deposit and to spell all the blah blah never saw any pictures or my money back. KARMA is a nasty thing BTW!!!

So I told myself that's not how people like me or anyone should be done and took our first family picture my self. ( You know the whole timer...run to the position and cheese!! )  From that moment I lived and breathed pictures. I constantly took pictures of my family and show them off. Here's where it gets good...everyone complimented the photos and said I should consider "sharing" my gift.

Of course I thought "GIFT"?? OK whatever but I do love taking pictures and feed off of peoples reaction! So my lovely, sweet husband bought my first real camera! Not the Walmart kind! Nothing wrong with that tho cause that was what I was using at first. And remember it's not the camera it's the photographer!!!!!!!!!!  I was thrilled....... :D

Thanks to my friends and family for allowing me to practice on them I was heading the right way. With late night feedings and editing and RESEARCHING...lots of research on the photographer business aspect. I asked around and studied first to see if there is a market for this stuff. With all the other amazing photographers, would people hire me???  How did they succeed?? What do I have to do to get the word out??? And I did it!!! I googled, you tubed, asked questions...never took classes tho cause I'm a hands on kinda girl. I thought about what I learn in college about business and the start ups on it and started saving all my paper work and receipts cause let me tell you the IRS don't play when it comes to small businesses! YOU have to pay TAXES!! Granted the first couple of years you prob. won't make a profit and that's ok but you have to tell your tax person what you make and what you spend. It's called being honest and saving your butt should you ever get audited! There's people out there that look for small business and check up on ya if your claiming to run a business and never show it to the Government! Stupid government!!! Makes it hard for us to get by providing for our families but that's how it is! The best thing to do is call the Secretary of State in your state and they can tell you what you need to do to start a small business in the area you live in. I'm not a pro. at giving the right kind of direction but they are :D

So to the next person who asks me how can "I get into Photography". I say Just do it and do your research on it! Ask yourself, is there a market for this business, draw a business plan, what kinds of marketing do you need to get it off the ground and will you make enough to cover and profit at least 3 years into it!

Just a few things that helped me is even tho I see other AMAZING pictures, I never gave up and I never will!! I love providing special memories for people and the comfort of knowing my job (if you call it that) is one that continues to give even when I'm not seen is sweet to me!!! <3

God Bless,

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment